YOUR NEXT MOVE...
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER (LEGACY) - FULLY REMOTE
We are looking for an experienced Senior Java developer to be hands coding for projects related to
our client’s legacy applications: automating deletion of accounts from the PostgreSQL, replacing RabbitMQ with Kafka and removing the dependencies on MongoDB from their legacy applications.
Our client is currently working on updating our stack with modernised solutions whilst still maintaining and doing enhancements to the monoliths where required. Some components of the stack are written in Scala, so working knowledge of this language might be necessary along with this work.
We are seeking expertise in several of the following key skills:
• Java 8, 11 & Spring framework
• JUnit 5
• Working knowledge of Scala
• Continuous Delivery
Additionally, experience of some of these technologies is desirable:
• Google Cloud
• Google Kubernetes Engine
• Java Feign, Spring MVC Tests
• TDD and BDD
• Grafana, Pact, Rest easy, Wiremock, Mockito
• Webdriver with Scalatest
• Dual-Track Agile
• Design, develop, test and release changes to legacy monolith applications
• Work with Operations to automatically delete accounts from the database
• Help identify GCP native solutions to replace existing dependencies
• Produce Production Ready code that is clean and testable
• Work as part of an agile team
• Prioritize tasks and work independently.
To be considered for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting DF-SJD-2021.
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2021.